Livemocha Point System and Medals
What are Mochapoints and how do I earn them?
Mochapoints are awarded to members who participate on Livemocha by making progress with their own language learning goals and by helping others in the community. It’s easy to earn Mochapoints — just get active on the site!
Mochapoints and Teacher Score points:
Mochapoints and Teacher Score points are a part of your profile and can be used to determine a member’s level of activity on the site. Your Teacher score shows how many mochapoints you’ve earned by contributing to the community.
Mochapoints track all of your activity on Livemocha. You earn Mochapoints in a variety of ways, starting with your coursework and lessons:
- Coursework: Complete lessons in your courses.
- Writing Submissions: Complete writing submissions in your courses or from the Extra Practice tab under Learn.
- Speaking Submissions: Complete speaking submissions in your courses or from the Extra Practice tab under Learn.
Mochapoints are also awarded when you help others. These types of points are counted as both Mochapoints and Teacher Score points. You increase your Teacher Score and Mochapoints when you:
- Provide helpful submission reviews: Get more points if you are first.
- Help with Translations: get more points if you vote on them too.
- Create useful Flashcards.
- Contribute Featured Tips: add a featured tip in the Learn section of a lesson.
- Earn positive ratings: contributions with positive ratings earn more points.
You can earn exercises for free with Teacher Score points!
- Earn 300 or more Teacher Score Mochapoints and get instant access to Review, Write, and Speak exercises for all 101-202 courses in any language!
- Contributions with positive ratings from other Livemocha members will boost your Teacher Score.
Earn Teacher Score Mochapoints when you
Note: Tutor Reviews and lesson downloads are not included.
Please note that all decisions as to how and whether points are to be awarded are determined by Livemocha in its sole discretion. Livemocha reserves the right to remove or adjust points awarded to anyone and to modify or discontinue the point system at any time in its sole discretion with or without notice.
What are Medals and how do I earn them?
Once you've earned a certain amount of Mochapoints you can earn Medals.
These Medals are used to easily determine a user's overall value to the Livemocha community.
You can earn 3 levels of Medals based on your activity using the internationally recognized award levels: Bronze, Silver and Gold.
What is % Helpful?
Your % Helpful rating measures the value of your Teacher Contributions according to the members that you have helped.
How is % Helpful determined?
We calculate the percentage of positive ratings you've received on your submission reviews, translations, and flashcards. Our complex formula rewards your valuable contributions in all categories.
How can I rate others?
You can rate reviews of your own submissions by using the "Was this member helpful?" feature on each submission page.
You can rate flashcard sets using the 5-star rating feature associated with every set.
You can rate translators by voting for excellent translations.
* Please note that your % Helpful rating will not be updated immediately after ratings are received. New ratings will be factored in periodically.